Benjamin has been part of the Online Games industry since 2001 when he joined gamigo AG, one of Europe's first online games publisher.
At Gamigo he initially worked on releasing the first ever fully localized MMORPG ("The 4th Coming") in the German market and establishing the most successful game server provider in Germany at the time. Following this, he was one of the major contributors to developing Gamigo's fully automated billing- and account management system until he left the company to co-found Yusho GmbH, an Online Games publisher and service provider, in January 2006.
As Director Licensing & International Business he took an active part in publishing "Bounty Bay Online" ("Voyage Century" by Snailgame, a chinese developer) for the European market. Benjamin became General Manager in 2007. Yusho GmbH grew to one of the leading companies in the European Online Games market specialized in operating, servicing and monetization of virtual worlds.
In July 2008 Yusho GmbH and Onlinewelten GmbH merged to become Frogster Online Gaming GmbH, a subsidiary of the stock listed company Frogster Interactive Pictures AG (Entry Standard, WKN: A0F47J, ISIN: DE000A0F47J1), to take over the responsibility for their Online Games operations with about 200 employees.
In his new role, Benjamin took over the part of Technical Director at Frogster Online Gaming GmbH as well as the General Management of Onlinewelten Network GmbH.
In 2010 Frogster Interactive Pictures AG was acquired by Gameforge AG with an overall valuation of around 80 Mio.€. After the aquisition, Benjamin left Frogster Online Gaming GmbH and Onlinewelten Network GmbH to co-found Neonga AG, an Online Games publisher where he worked as CTO. In this capacity he led a team of technical experts to build up a new technical infrastructure for the newly founded company.
In 2012 he left Neonga AG and joined highdigit GmbH as CTO, where he applied his many years of experience in online gaming to develop an all-in-one SaaS backend solution for the gaming market. This solution supports online and mobile games publishers across the globe to launch and operate their games cost-efficiently and successfully.
July 2016 - PRESENT
Wingracers Sports Games GmbH & Co. KG, Gräfelfing / Germany
- Solutions provider for technical infrastructure requirements
- Concepts and design of infrastructure software
August 2016 - PRESENT
Member of the Supervisory Board
swoplo AG, Eschborn / Germany
Swoplo is a neutral B2B online platform for loading tackle pooling and loading tackle management between all participants of the supply chain.
April 2012 - June 2016
Chief Technical Officer
highdigit GmbH, Full-Time, Münster / Berlin / Germany
- Transporting technical vision of highdigit
- Developing development strategy & technical roadmap
- Managing the development and IT-teams
- Enhancing highdigit's flagship product, the "HD Backend"
- Finding technical solutions for B2B clients
October 2010 - March 2012
Chief Technical Officer / Board of Directors
Neonga AG, Full-Time, Berlin / Germany
- Building technical infrastructure
- Hiring technical talent for the newly founded company
- Leading & managing all technical projects and tasks
- Technical contact and communication with foreign partners
July 2008 - May 2010
Frogster Online Gaming GmbH, Full-Time, Berlin / Germany
- Leading development department
- Providing technical infrastructure for a rapidly growing company
- Hiring high performing and experienced technical team
July 2008 - May 2010
Onlinewelten Network GmbH, Full-Time, Berlin / Germany
- Operational part of the Onlinewelten GmbH was transfered to the Onlinewelten Network GmbH
- Leading the company as General Manager
- Day-to-day management of a gaming news portal, as well as different marketing cooperations with B2B partners
July 2007 - July 2008
Yusho GmbH, Full-Time, Berlin / Germany
- Managing and leading the technical department of the company
- Building up infrastructure for onlinegame publishing
- Managing technical cooperation with Frogster Interactive Pictures AG and Gameforge GmbH
- Conceptual design and development of billing system for onlinegames
- Conceptual design and development of server management tools for onlinegames
January 2006 - July 2007
Director Licensing & Int. Business
Yusho GmbH, Full-Time, Rheine / Germany
- Leading the licensing & int. business team
- Coordinating the sourcing manager in Seoul (South Korea) to license AAA MMORPGs for the European market
- Managing relationships and negotiations with various overseas based game developers
- Licensing the MMORPG "Bounty Bay Online" ("Voyage Century") from chinese-based developer Snailgames to Europe.
- Managing network of international partners
January 2006 - December 2008
Linuworx GbR, Rheine / Germany
- Implementing various web projects for local agencies
- Offering and managing web hosting solutions
April 2001 - December 2005
gamigo AG, Full-Time, Rheine / Germany
- One of the first online games publishers in Europe
- Publishing first fully localized MMORPG in Germany
- Inventing, designing and implementing new tools and systems for a brand-new market
- Implementing automatic systems for billing and gameserver management
gamigo AG, Rheine / Germany
Successfully completed an education as systems engineer at gamigo AG.
- System architecture, hardware and operating systems
- Application software
- Network architecture and services
- Programming systems
- Installation and configuration
- Ciphering method for data protection and copyrights
- System maintenance and development
- Interface controlling
- Client-specific user solutions
- Technical marketing
- Project controlling and quality assurance
- System integration
- Error analysis and fault clearance
University entrance exam, Bochum / Germany
Visiting the waldorf school from the 1st to the 13th grade, finished with an university entrance exam. The school is based on an anthroposophical view with the goal of enabling students as fully as possible to choose and to realize their individual path through life as adults.